Lean Safety Gemba Walk Workshop
Time & Location
About The Event
The Lean Safety Gemba Walk workshop will:
- Highlight the connection between safety and Lean process improvements
- Turn accident/incident investigations into a continuous improvement activity.
- Demonstrate how basic Lean tools are as applicable to safety as they are to Lean.
- Include a Lean Safety Gemba Walk on which the attendees will learn how to coach others in safety improvement identification.
- Prepare all participants to make a safety difference in their place of employment.
This workshop is conducted by Robert Hafey President of RBH Consulting.
About the Presenter
Robert Hafey want to change the way the world views safety. After authoring a book about using Lean Thinking and Lean Tools to drive workplace Safety improvements, he gave up the security of a 40 hour a week job to pursue his goal of positively impacting workplace safety. In addition to Lean Consulting, he facilitates Workshops, keynotes and speaking on the topic of Lean Safety for organizations and businesses that want to make safety improvement part of their company culture.
Employee Engagement and Culture Change
It is impossible to truly engage the hearts and minds of a workforce in continual improvement (lean) if they believe the end result of their efforts will be the loss of their employment. This misuse of the lean philosophy has created a deep and widening trust gap between hourly employees and management.
To narrow or bridge this gap one has to find common ground on which to begin a new lean implementation dialogue. That common ground is safety. Safety is a rallying point for all stakeholders. Unions, managers, front line supervisors and hourly employees will all get in line and support safety.
In order to positively impact the safety culture of a business leaders must engage their employees. Managers have to change their leadership style to that of a coach – someone who asks the right questions versus having the right answers. These 1-2 day workshops teach the participants how to engage employees in honest safety discussions that have a duel benefit. They reduce the risk of injuries by pro-actively improving the safety of the work performed and at the same time reduce the cycle time of the work processes.
- Member Pricing$200$2000$0
- Non-Member Pricing$275$2750$0